PRODUCTION PLANNER - EH&S ASSOCIATE
Company: Compass Minerals
Production Planner and EH&S (Environmental, Health, and Safety) Associate
Reports To: Plant Manager
Work Schedule: 8:00 am to 4:30 pm – M-Fri
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no direct reports.
Summary: This position has two major elements. First this individual is primarily responsible for all the production planning at the site. The production plan is broken down into raw materials and finished goods which need to be brought in from other sites. This person will ensure the accuracy of raw materials and finished goods through regular cycle counts and site inventories. When there are discrepancies between actual vs. anticipated counts, this person will create plans to mitigate loss and to better align production reporting with actual production. This person will also have a major role in finished goods and raw materials organization in the warehouse and in the outside storage area. The site will be changing the procedure to manage lot codes and where these are stored, and this person will lead the site to implement this new policy.
The second element is to be the EH&S Coordinator. Safety initiatives include: the Top 9 safety program, Hearts and Minds initiative, SWPPP compliance, and reviewing and updating procedures to ensure safety takes a leading position in site activities. As the EH&S coordinator, this person will need to take an active role in production activities to better understand the existing policies and how to reduce risks.
It is estimated that this position spend 50% of the time in the plant and 50% in the office, although there will be some periods requiring 100% at either location.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include but are not limited to the following (Management reserves the right to add or modify the duties and responsibilities at any time):
*Lead person for EH&S throughout plant, including:
- Continue implementation of Hearts and Minds initiative
- Completion of Top 9 audit (high hazard focus areas), including formulation of action plan to close gaps and sustain proper safety behavior
- OSHA Compliance
- Active involvement in plant operation and how to improve safety
- EPA Compliance, including but not limited to Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan, SPCC, other environmental programs as needed
* Inventory management, including:
- Finished goods inventories, quarterly
- Raw material inventories, monthly
- Receiving materials into inventory
- Strategizing on how to improve accuracy of bill of materials
- MRO inventory management and optimization
- Coordination of transfers of finished goods from other sites
* Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
-Required: Bachelor’s Degree with at least 3 years of experience in industrial manufacturing. Preferred degree in accounting or finance, plus 5 years related experience with production planning and/or Environmental, Health, and Safety, preferably in an industrial manufacturing environment.
-Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be PC proficient, skilled in MS Word and Excel and have the ability to quickly master new software programs. J. D. Edwards software experience a plus.
-Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions (See ADA Requirements below).
• Walking throughout the packaging area.
• Stand for long periods of time.
• Bend throughout the work shift, especially to assess and repair maintenance issues
• Lift up to 55 pounds and move item short distances.
• Sit for extended periods.
• Climb ladders to bins and multiple flights of stairs between floors of the building throughout the day.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Problem solving – identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations.
• Oral communication – clearly communicate job-related information to co-workers and supervisors throughout the shift.
• Reading – read and understand work orders and other written material relevant to the job.
Written communication – write in understandable English (and Spanish a plus) to complete required paperwork and provide information needed by subsequent shift workers, coworkers and supervisors.
• Seeing – visually inspect daily production to ensure the quality of daily output.
Listening – understand oral job-related information and instructions received from coworkers and supervisors. Listen to machinery operations to detect problems.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties, the employee may frequently be exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles and outside weather conditions. The employee may occasionally be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; toxic or caustic chemicals and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment may typically be moderate to loud. When and where required, all work environment exposures are reduced to acceptable occupational levels through the distribution and usage of personnel protective equipment.
Compass Minerals is an equal opportunity employer that hires and promotes the best candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, or veteran status.
If interested and qualified, please apply to Reply to this Posting