RESPIRATORY THERAPIST / LPN
Company: Respiratory Services of WNY
Area: Buffalo & Rochester areas
Respiratory Therapist/LPN (Full- Time)
*****NEW GRADS WELCOME*****
Respiratory Services of WNY is one of the region's leading providers of home respiratory services and medical equipment, including oxygen therapy, inhalation therapies, sleep apnea treatment and Invasive Ventilation.
We are currently seeking a Full-time Respiratory Therapist/Technician to perform in-home education and set-ups to include:
- Provides instruction to patients and/or caregivers on the proper use of equipment and/or respiratory care procedures.
- Ensures patients and/or caregivers can effectively operate and maintain equipment.
- Responsible for routine patient follow-up contacts based on individual needs.
- Responds to emergency calls on an on-call basis.
- Provides and operates various types of respiratory care equipment including but not limited
to oxygen therapy, nebulization therapy, apnea monitoring, suctioning, nasal CPAP and ventilation.
- Inspects and tests equipment to ensure proper operating condition.
- Prepares and maintains a record for each patient containing all pertinent information, care plans, physician prescriptions and follow-up documentation.
- Consults with referring physician regarding patient treatment, medical condition and home environment.
- Participates in ongoing education and training sessions regarding respiratory patient care.
- Performs other related duties as directed by supervisor.
- Graduate of an accredited program for respiratory therapy is required.
- Registration or certification by the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC).
- Hold a current RCP license in the state of practice if that state requires an RCP license to allow the practice of respiratory therapy.
- Respiratory care experience preferred but willing to train.
- Must possess a valid and current driver’s license and auto insurance.
We offer competitive compensation and a generous benefit package including 401K match, PTO and Phone-re-imbursement.
Submit your resume today to learn more about our exciting opportunities!
Email to Reply to this Posting